Safeguarding Statement of Intent
At Biddick Hall Infant and Nursery School we view the safeguarding of children our main priority.
We believe all children have the right to be happy, feel safe and achieve in their learning. We all take our responsibility seriously to make this happen.
We will ensure that:
- The welfare of the child remains paramount.
- All children whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief’s and gender identity have the right to be protected from harm.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- We promote and adhere to the schools safeguarding policies and behaviour and anti-bullying policies.
- We implement, along with our asset management colleagues the schools Health and Safety policy.
- Good practice is maintained in terms of all staff recruitment, vetting, induction and training.
- We monitor and check all visitors to the school site during school time.
- Develop safe practice amongst all our students, for example while using the internet, or with respect to issues that may arise from others in the local community.
Areas of Safeguarding
Our safeguarding policy covers all areas of school life and includes:
- All staff and volunteers working at our school have a responsibility to report concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mrs A Willis or in her absence one of her deputies, Joanne Storey – Deputy Safeguarding Lead, Laura Burdon – Deputy Safeguarding Lead, Debra Evans – Deputy Safeguarding Lead.
- Staff and visitors – Ensuring they are vetted, informed and trained.
- Children’s behaviour – Promoting safe behaviours and lifestyles.